Happy March everyone!
As usual time is flying by... Mia is now 7 months old, St. Patrick's Day is near, and let us not forget -- Spring is a coming... (or at least we hope!) I am very late in posting this Florida posting - but I figured better late than never. Hopefully now I will be almost all caught up!
Unfortunately I have been sick now for almost a week - I finally went in to the doctor today. I figured a few days with a fever is probably not just a cold. Good thing I went in, I have Bronchitis and a double ear infection! Not the most fun when you are chasing around a busy almost 4 year old and trying to keep up a house, work out, take care of a baby, be a wife, etc... I got 3 antibiotics though and am guessing that I am going to feel human in about 48 hours! Woohoo~! So until that happens, I am going to focus just on resting and taking care of Nick and Mia, loving Dave and the rest will all get done when it gets done!
So, Florida. What a wonderful trip. Lets start at the beginning...
Have you ever felt like a super hero?? I now know what it feels like -- flying solo with 2 kids will make you feel like a super hero! I was so nervous the day we were leaving - filled with apprehension and jitters. I am a pretty good flyer - but have only flown by myself 2 times on business trips - never had to get around the airport or anything alone... Well, lets just say, Im broken in now! Once we passed through security (which was the only tricky thing) I stopped holding my breath! And Nick and Mia were perfect angels all the way there - just as everyone had assured me. The flight went exceptionally fast! When we landed - Nick ran through the airport and right into Grammie and Grandpa's arms!
I have been thinking about the best way to tell everyone about our trip without it taking you about 30 minutes to read... so I have decided to showcase with pictures... Enjoy!
As usual time is flying by... Mia is now 7 months old, St. Patrick's Day is near, and let us not forget -- Spring is a coming... (or at least we hope!) I am very late in posting this Florida posting - but I figured better late than never. Hopefully now I will be almost all caught up!
Unfortunately I have been sick now for almost a week - I finally went in to the doctor today. I figured a few days with a fever is probably not just a cold. Good thing I went in, I have Bronchitis and a double ear infection! Not the most fun when you are chasing around a busy almost 4 year old and trying to keep up a house, work out, take care of a baby, be a wife, etc... I got 3 antibiotics though and am guessing that I am going to feel human in about 48 hours! Woohoo~! So until that happens, I am going to focus just on resting and taking care of Nick and Mia, loving Dave and the rest will all get done when it gets done!
So, Florida. What a wonderful trip. Lets start at the beginning...
Have you ever felt like a super hero?? I now know what it feels like -- flying solo with 2 kids will make you feel like a super hero! I was so nervous the day we were leaving - filled with apprehension and jitters. I am a pretty good flyer - but have only flown by myself 2 times on business trips - never had to get around the airport or anything alone... Well, lets just say, Im broken in now! Once we passed through security (which was the only tricky thing) I stopped holding my breath! And Nick and Mia were perfect angels all the way there - just as everyone had assured me. The flight went exceptionally fast! When we landed - Nick ran through the airport and right into Grammie and Grandpa's arms!
I have been thinking about the best way to tell everyone about our trip without it taking you about 30 minutes to read... so I have decided to showcase with pictures... Enjoy!
Little Miss Mia in her spring pj's lounging with Grandpa
Grammie and Mia at the "big pool" at the club
Nick LOVES the water - swimming lessons this summer for sure!
Mia taking a nap - poor little thing got the stomach flu while we were there - she was sick for about 3 days. We didnt know she wasnt feeling well until later this night...
Nick enjoying bubbles on Grammie and Grandpas patio - he loved everything in orange this year! Can you tell?!
Nick and I playing in the pool at the house - Unfortunately, but fortunately (if that makes sense), the pool heater broke and the temp got up to 92' - it was amazing, like bath water!!
Mia loved the water too - Nick and Grammie call her their little mermaid!
When she was in the water, she would try and flip onto her stomach and start kicking - it was hilarious. Almost like she knew how to swim... maybe swimming lessons for her this summer too?!
Grammie and Grandpa enjoying the warm pool with the babes...
Nick's big muscles... he got braver and braver everyday in the pool. Here he is barely touching - and he went underwater a couple of times too - no tears! Yay!
Nick and I playing in the "little pool" aka the unheated hot tub at Grammie and Grandpa's -
Nick riding a big boy bike - with a really cool Transformers helmet! Grammie, you sure have good taste!
Our shopping extravaganza at the FABULOUS Fort Meyers Outlet Mall... Oh my. Grammie, Mia and I can do some serious damage in about 2 hours... thank goodness Grandpa came along and entertained Nick - one hot dog, one ice cream cone, playground + grandpa = a very very happy 3 year old. Thanks Grandpa!
Need I say more?? Fresh air and sunshine = the best naps ever!
Apparently Nick really loved these shorts... they are almost in every picture!
Here is Nick playing with his Dino's... this was a major hit! He played with them every single day. Grammie rented The Land Before Time dvd and he watched it about 5 times I think...
Pretty Mia sunbathing
The awesome view I passed everyday on my walk to the gym...
Our make shift bathtub... one of our favorite pictures of the trip!
And -- one of my favorite days of the trip...the ocean!
Mia's first boat ride at the Zoo - the boat takes you out on a little tour of the monkey and ape habitat -- very cool!
When I asked Nick what his favorite parts of the trip were - he said "slumber parties with Grammie, swimming in all the pools, playing with dinosaurs, riding bikes, laughing with Grandpa, and playing kickety kick ball." When I asked Mia what her favorites were, she told me ;-) "Smiling at Grandpa, Shopping, Swimming with Grammie, and stroller rides in the fresh air!" As much as I enjoyed the whole trip, my favorites were being spoiled by Grammie and Grandpa - every morning I woke up there was coffee ready! I had really good meals that I didnt cook! I got to work out every day! I loved playing outside with everyone! Swimming! And of course shopping!
A funny Nickism for you... On the plane ride home, (which went well, not quite as well as the plane there... but probably a 7 out of 10, so cant complain) the beverage cart came through, and the passenger next to us ordered a beer and a snack. As soon as she got all settled Nick lets me know loudly that he has to poop. Great timing. So, we get up and make our way down the aisle, Mia crying, Nick running. And we get to the bathroom, all squeeze in - and I hoist him up onto the toilet. Nick, sensing my stress, says: "Mommy, you are really really strong." Yes, I am! After about 10 minutes, we are finally ready to head back to our seats. We struggle in, get situated and then Nick says the funniest thing to me. "Hey Mommy, where is your arm?" I show him my right arm. "No, your other one?" I show him my left arm. (poor mia, being tassled about... still crying.) Nick says "No your third arm? Where is it?!" Ha! I say "Youre silly! I have 2 arms. Im just that good..." He giggles and says, "Huh, thought you had 3." And every mother knows that 3 arms sure would be nice, ey?? Then, magically both fell asleep - and I ended up waking them up on the way down. Phew...
So, we made it home safe and sound to our David... who missed us terribly and couldnt wait for the noise to be back in the house! What a great trip we had! Thank you Mom and Dad for such a wonderful time. We love you!
A funny Nickism for you... On the plane ride home, (which went well, not quite as well as the plane there... but probably a 7 out of 10, so cant complain) the beverage cart came through, and the passenger next to us ordered a beer and a snack. As soon as she got all settled Nick lets me know loudly that he has to poop. Great timing. So, we get up and make our way down the aisle, Mia crying, Nick running. And we get to the bathroom, all squeeze in - and I hoist him up onto the toilet. Nick, sensing my stress, says: "Mommy, you are really really strong." Yes, I am! After about 10 minutes, we are finally ready to head back to our seats. We struggle in, get situated and then Nick says the funniest thing to me. "Hey Mommy, where is your arm?" I show him my right arm. "No, your other one?" I show him my left arm. (poor mia, being tassled about... still crying.) Nick says "No your third arm? Where is it?!" Ha! I say "Youre silly! I have 2 arms. Im just that good..." He giggles and says, "Huh, thought you had 3." And every mother knows that 3 arms sure would be nice, ey?? Then, magically both fell asleep - and I ended up waking them up on the way down. Phew...
So, we made it home safe and sound to our David... who missed us terribly and couldnt wait for the noise to be back in the house! What a great trip we had! Thank you Mom and Dad for such a wonderful time. We love you!

1 comment:
I LOVE the FT. Myers Beach Outlet! I love that area, I'm so jealous! (not flying alone with two children, but....)
Post a Comment