Sunday, April 19, 2009

32 years young

Happy Sunday!

So, this past Friday I turned 32 years young... it was a great day! And a great weekend! I think I am okay with turning 32. Not as easy as turning 31, but not nearly as hard as turning 30!! And, dont they say something about how it doesnt matter the years, but the way you feel? Well, I feel just fine... so Im going with that!

I was really spoiled by everyone this weekend! On Friday, Mother Nature gave me (and all of you!) a gift: 70 degrees! We took advantage of that and went to Como Zoo with Grammie. Nick got to hang out with the monkeys, giraffes, zebras and lions. His fav. Mia wasnt too sure of the zoo this time around. She had a really hard time with the stinky smells... poor thing sobbed when we walked past the very very smelly giraffe area. (Grammie is a trooper. She braved the smell so Nick could see his beloved giraffes while I tended to crying baby girl...) We soaked up the sun for a bit, and then Grammie treated us to a delish lunch at Snuffy's Malt Shoppe. We all splurged and shared a chocolate and butterscotch shake which was a slice of heaven. Nicki and Kyle came to babysit on Saturday so Dave and I could "go out" for my birthday to a concert. We saw Chris Cornell - and I LOVE him. It was an amazing show! I got lots of nice gifts from everyone and I also got to sleep in -- which I think could maybe be the very best gift of all!


So - backing up a bit... I have some great Easter pictures to post... We went to the cabin with the Frase's from Thursday to Sunday and then jaunted back to Minny for Easter dinner with Grammie and Grandpa. The weather was beautiful - and the boys got a long famously.







Nicki and I read A LOT (Thank you Twilight saga) and the boys went on "bear and squirrel hunts" with the daddy's.



Easter Morning (really Saturday morning, but none the wiser!) We hid their eggs and they opened their baskets from Mom/Dad/Auntie/Uncle -- Easter Bunny...





It looks like the Easter Bunny was kind enough to leave his ears at the cabin for us to play with too...








We also had fun playing Wii (Nicki and I rock at bowling...) and just did lots of relaxing. Easter dinner was "delicious and delectable" as Nick would say... And the Easter Bunny aka Grammie, spoiled everyone with huge baskets and an egg hunt. Even Grandpa got in on the action - which was very nice to see - he is recovering well from surgery!


We have been busy as usual with playdates - and Nick is loving every minute of it. I have had a lot of fun reconnecting with old friends and Nick is enjoying meeting new friends! One of the highlights of the last week was definitely Mia and Rylan swinging together at the park over by Melissa's house. Adorable!





It is also really fun to see Nick climbing and running all over - he seems to have a lot less fear this year, and even tried to tackle the monkey bars... I bet by the end of summer! We also have been to Pump It Up a couple of times - and Nick is a super man there...




His appetite is growing by the day - and I am thrilled to tell you all, he eats salads and his veggies like a true champion. He LOVES to eat - and he is always so proud to tell you AND to show you how big his hands and feet are getting! ;-)

He has been playing a lot with Grace - they do a great job of entertaining themselves and playing make believe games. They love to read books -- here is a really cute picture of them together doing just that! We really miss Grace and Addie, and of course Katie - they are vacationing in Arizona right now!


Hmmm... what other news... Mia is sitting up ALL BY HERSELF!


And, we can fit cute little bows in her hair!


She almost has one tooth in -- I can see it! I will be sure to report back once it has cut through! She is still sleeping like a champ (knock on wood) and has just the most easy going personality around. What a true joy she is. Next time you see her, she will want to give you a kiss... the most slobbery kiss you have ever had that is! And, her newest "party trick" she will shake her head "NO" at you when she is all done eating or doesnt want to go to sleep...

Here is my chunky monkey and big bro cuddling on the couch... had to take a quick photo of this!


And -- I had to post this great picture of me and some of my girlfriends... and Mia and Rylan of course! This was a really fun lunch that turned into some of us gushing over Twilight and Edward Cullen, which then turned into a book club - with Twilight as our first book to "club" in May. I am so excited to talk more about book. I am sure most of you are sick to death of me talking about it, so maybe after the book club I will get it out of my system. Have to say though, I am darn impressed... four 600+ page books in just about 2 weeks... Not too shabby. Must clear out DVR now before I start my next book - which I think will be Kite Runner... I am on a reading kick! Cant wait to see you girls (Melissa, DeeAnna, Meg and Megan) in a couple of weeks...



And a Nickism for you before I sign off... Just thought it was cute that he knew what both Dave and my "jobs" were...

Mommy: "What does Mommy do all day long?"
Nick: "You take care of me and Mia."
Mommy: "What does Daddy do all day long?"
Nick: "Works on his computer at Medtronic."

...hence the proud supporter of his daddy's company!

No comments: