Hi everyone - it's me, Mia. I am making my debut here on the Wray family blog. It has been a very busy 25 days since I was introduced face to face to my mommy, daddy and big brother Nick. From what I hear from my mommy - I have been the bright spot through all the craziness that followed my arrival. Let me sum it up for you all - I was feeling pretty content, taking lots of naps and just enjoying hearing my mommy singing from way inside her tummy when all of a sudden - BAM. Here I am! I came into the world by what is called an "emergency c- section" on Monday August 4th at 6:46pm. I came into the world hollering! Everyone was really excited to meet me. I wasnt quite ready to make my arrival, so I spent some time in the Special Care Nursery. I felt like a princess right away - especially because Auntie Nicki brought me a beautiful tierra which I looked at every day. I guess my lungs were a little bit immature, so I spent some time in a nice warm tent that helped my lungs get better and stronger. I also learned how to eat from a bottle and practiced sitting up in my car seat. I had lots of visitors - of course Mommy and Daddy and Nick came and saw me. I also had my Grammie, Grandpapa and Auntie Nicki along with Gramona and Grandpa Gene and my Auntie Heather and Aunt Stacy and cousins visit me. I even had some of Mommy's really good friends come up and see me. I felt all the love and happiness surrounding me. Just after 10 days I was ready to come home and meet Luna and to meet my other big boy cousin Keaten. I cant wait to meet my uncle Kyle (or uncle doughnut as Nick calls him. No one really knows why he calls him that...) I got snuggled by my Auntie Jill and got to meet my Uncle John and all my other big cousins too - Natalie, Susie, Kevin, Justin, Katie, and Daniel. Everyone brings presents - it is so cool. I also got to meet my Great-Grandparents Earl and Elaine too. This is very special that I have GG (as my mommy calls them!) So, here I am just hanging out at home - 25 days old. I weigh 7lbs and 7 oz now. Dr Gobel, my pediatrician says I dont even look like a preemie anymore. Woohoo! I am really enjoying my bottle - I am eating about 3 oz every 3 hours now. My mommy and daddy look really tired, but they keep telling me I am a good girl. They also get really excited when I have a big messy diaper. So, of course I keep trying to make them happy by eating and pooping a lot. Oh, and sleeping. I love to sleep. I hear from Nick that he didnt like to sleep very much. But, I sure do. I like to sleep most of the day and most of the night. I prefer to be held while I am sleeping, I mean who wouldnt? But, I do pretty well in my crib too. Lucky me, it is right in my parents room, so I dont really need to cry for anything. I just do a little bit of grunting, squeaking and stretching and voila! I have everything I need. Well, thats all for now. I am going to go have a snack. I'll update again soon and let you all know how I am doing.
Love you all,
Miss Mia
Dr Chow introducing me to the world!

Mommy's first look at me!

In the warm oxygen tent, just 2 days old.

Daddy and I snuggling - 5 days old here...

Im home, 10 days old!



No comments:
Post a Comment