Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hi from Nick!

Hi, Nick here. I'm a big brother! I love being a big brother. I love love love Mia. I have 3 nicknames for her - "my little peanut pie"and "my little punkin" and "my little squeaky." She is really loud - she squeaks and grunts and stretches all the time. It is really funny. I have been playing with her a lot. When I get home from school the first thing I ask Mommy is "Where's Mia?" I tickle her toes and her tummy. She also really likes it when I sing songs to her. So far her favorite one is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She smiles and opens her eyes when I sing to her. I tell everyone that will listen to me that I have a sister named Miss Mia. You know what I really like? Having my picture taken with Mia. She doesn't know how to smile or anything, but I do. I say "Cheese" really loud and then smile really big for the camera.


I love holding her hands and giving her kisses



Hanging out with my little sis
Eating a chocolate cupcake - celebrating Mia's homecoming

This weekend is Labor Day weekend. We have had some visitors come to see me and Mia. Yesterday Gramona and Grandpa Gene came. It was really cool because they brought me a new matchbox car. And then today Mommy and Daddy's friends Chris and Suz came over for a nice visit. They live in Chicago - so it was really special that they were able to come and see us. Well, off to bed for me. Talk to you later!


Mommy's note:
Hello! Tomorrow, September 1st is Mia's actual due date. I cant believe she is almost 1 month old already. She is doing so well - she just doesn't act like a preemie at all. Last night she ate at 11:00, then at 2:30, then at 6:30! Only one night time feeding. AMAZING!

Also, just to keep everyone in the loop -- Nick hadn't been feeling very well, so we brought him into Dr Gobel. She sent us to Children's Hospital as some of his symptoms were quite troubling. Thankfully so far all the tests have been coming back fine. We have ruled out the scary 3 illnesses - Leukemia, Lymphoma and Congestive Heart Failure. We are still waiting on some of the other tests and then will be bringing him in to an Endocrinologist. In general he is playing well, eating well and just like himself. We will keep everyone updated. Please keep him in your thoughts as we try and get to the bottom of what is wrong.

It has now been 3 weeks since my post op hemorrhage. I am feeling better and better each day. My blood pressure is still too high - so I get to continue going into the clinic weekly while we try and manage that. I started some blood pressure meds about 2 weeks ago - we are hoping these will work soon. All in all, I am totally and completely on the mend. Thank you all for keeping our family close as this month has proven to be chaotic and frightening. Things are looking up as we head into September. Talk to you all soon!

No comments: