Wednesday, February 25, 2009

So much to say - So little time!

Okay, wow - I just looked at my last post and it was from February 2. Woah! So, sit back, curl up with your favorite beverage, and get ready for some Wray family immersion...


Hmmm. Where to start! We have been having a wonderful month. I
LOVE LOVE LOVE this new schedule we have going over here with Nick only in school on Mondays... I am enjoying being with both Nick and Mia every day - all day. I am truly amazed that I get to wake up every day and enjoy our children. Each day is filled with new, fulfilling and challenging events, and while some days are a true test of my patience, over all I could not love my new "work" days any more.



Nick has also really liked our cha
nge in routine - and I have been very proactive in setting up lots of play dates for him (and for me!), as well as doing a lot of fun and special events. I am getting the hang of doing 4 or 5 things at once (wink wink) in order to keep both Mia and Nick happy. I have also been taking time every day for myself to work out. All of you know this is 100% essential for not only my health, but almost more so for my mood and temperament. Our gym has a child care center and I have been dropping off the kids every morning to get in my cardio and weight training. It feels great - and what is even better is that both kids really enjoy the play area. It is a nice way to start off the day! Afterall, I did sign up for Grandma's half marathon (I AM CRAZY, and a glutton for punishment. We find out March 5th if we get in)... so I need to build up my endurance and stamina.

As I mentioned, we have been play
date crazy... here are some pictures of our wonderful weekly playdate friends!

Addie (4 months) and Mia (can it be? she is almost 7 months old!)



Nick and Grace being shy ---



and not so shy...



I swear, Grace and Addie's mom, Katie is like my twin. We are always amazed at the amount of things we have in common. What is so much fun about these playdates is that Grace and Nick actually go off and play... alone. Of course we are near by, but I actually have an entire conversation about adult things. SO nice. We get together with Katie and her girls at least once a week... and we love it.

Here they are another time at Eagles Nest sharing a snack of cheddar bunnies and applesauce...


And then of course there is our Rylan, Natalie, Mia trio... How much do I love watching these babies grow. As Nick would say: "You love them from Earth to Jupiter" and he would be right... We got together right before our Florida trip - and thank goodness I am seeing them again in a week or so.

Mia is totally drooling all over Rylan... both figuratively and literally... HA! I love his shirt - It says: "I'm kind of a big deal" How cute is that!



Hmmm. Love this... It is like they are willing us to stop taking pictures...



And who could forget my little (I mean big, ahem...) nephew, Keaten??!! I asked Nicki if I could take Keaten for a whole day right before Florida... We had a blast. It was mild weather so we bundled up and played outside (Mia near by, all bundled up in her stroller in the garage, fast asleep and loving the clean crisp air... err, at least I think she was!)




I also think our day consisted of eating, eating and more eating. I am in awe of the appetites of these guys... we had breakfast, then snack of chips and salsa - picnic style, then lunch, then made cupcakes (and of course had to taste test the batter, taste the frosting, frost the cupcakes, sample the cupcakes, you get the idea) and then rest time... which wasnt rest time at all. BUT, in their corner (and the sugar's corner), they stayed in Nick's bed reading books and whispering, then giggling for about 45 minutes. I sat outside Nick's room and grinned from ear to ear... as I know this is just the beginning of the secrets and giggles these two boys will share!






There is oh so much more to tell... but really, this is one lengthy post and I am one tired out mommy. We are playing with Morgan tomorrow (weather permitting!) and I cant wait. I havent seen Angel for a couple of weeks... I am so thankful for my friends. I am so thankful to have the time to enjoy with my family. Ahhh. Things are looking up, up, up...

I will post my Florida update and photos soon... That incredible trip deserves its own post. All I will say for now -- that was 10 sunny, fresh air, warm, SUNNY, happy days. One of my most favorite vacations of all time. If only Dave could have been with us... Soon... but in the mean time here is one little picture of Miss Mia that I just cant wait to share...


No comments: