Monday, February 2, 2009

sweet days & sweet dreams

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."
- Unknown Author

Last night when I went up to bed, I decided to have a slumber party with Nick! I woke him up, moved him over and asked him if I could sleep with him! Of course he was groggy and half awake, but he rolled over and I curled up right next to him. Ahhh, Heaven. He rolled over and put his arms around me nonchalantly and went right back to sleep. I laid there for a while just looking at him and holding his hands. He is the sweetest little boy I have ever known. I remember when I was pregnant with him - I was worried that we were having a boy and not knowing anything about boys... would he let me cuddle him? What's the deal with cars, trucks, Lego's and dirt anyways? Of course being a mommy to a boy is a work in progress and learn as you go kinda thing. But one thing is for certain - he is as cuddly as anyone could ever be!

We had a great weekend! We spent Saturday lounging around - and Sunday we went to the Nickelodeon Universe at Mall of America. We had a blast... I'll let Nick take it from here!

Hi guys, it's me, Nick. Sheesh, Mommy. What is with the sappy stuff you wrote up there?? I mean, I am a boy. Not everyone needs to know that I like to cuddle my mommy. Will you guys keep my secret?

Okay, well anyways. We DID have a good time at the Mall of America. I went on some big rides. BIG rides. I went on Big Rigs with Daddy. So cool! I was driving a semi truck. And you all know how much I LOVE semi trucks. I can point out Peterbilts, Macs and Volvo's... I also rode on Blue's Clue's and jumped in Sponge Bob Square Pants Pineapple house TWO times.


My favorite ride though was the Wonder Pets Fly Boat. I rode that two times too... and you could hear me belly laugh all the way across the park I think!

This is me and Mommy on the Dora the Explore Ferris Wheel.. Mommy doesnt really like heights very much - but she braved it for me! I couldnt stop laughing... and I kept waving like crazy at Daddy and Mia all the way down on the ground!

I laughed so hard. Too bad Mia cant go on rides. She is too little. You have to be like 36 inches at least to ride. So - she just hung out in her stroller. We ate lunch and had ice cream. AND... we played at Lego Land!! Daddy and I bought a car for big kids to put together. We love legos.

Today, Mia had her 6 month appointment. I cannot believe she is 6 months old! I mean, really! It was like just yesterday when I would sit next to Mommy and we would watch Mia kicking inside Mommy's tummy.

Mia had a big day yesterday too...

She sat in the high chair for the first time! Silly Mommy - she dressed Mia in her Christmas Pajamas... WHAT?? I mean, I keep telling her Christmas is really really far away. What a stinker. It just got me finkin about Christmas again.

Hmm, anyway. Mia liked sitting in the big high chair. And if you must know. It is MY highchair. It is MY favorite color blue. But since I like Mia a whole bunch, she can use it. Afterall, I am waaaay to big for it anyway. Food. Mia loves it. She likes sweet potatoes and apple sauce. She does NOT like winter squash. She is so-so on the banana's. She gets to try some more new foods tomorrow. She eats food now at lunch and dinner right with us! One thing about my sister... she really likes to drool. Mommy and Daddy keep saying she must be getting a tooth... but nothing yet. I'll keep ya posted.

And the results are in from my little punkin pie's appointment today. She weighs 17 lbs and is 26 1/2 inches - which makes her in the 62% for weight and the 67% for height. (She is a little bit smaller than me when I was 6 months, I weighed 19lbs and was 28 inches!) Anyways, she had to get her shots today. Poor little Miss Mia. Mommy made sure to keep up on her tylenol so she doesnt have sore legs.


Well - today was my last day of school for a long long long time! Tomorrow we start my at home routine. Unfortunately I have a doctor's appointment... but in the morning I have a special friend coming over! Grace Vetter! I cant wait to see her. Our Mommies are friends from a long time ago when Mommy worked at Juut. And Grace and I, we are friends from Jack and Jill. Grace has a new sister just a couple of months younger than Mia. So, they will have a play date too. Then on Thursday we are playing with Rylan and Natalie... and hopefully we will see Morgan this week before we head off to sunny Florida on Monday! Yippeee. I am kind of already missing daddy though... uhoh. (and Mommy keeps telling me, we have a whole week til we leave... daddy is right here!)

Kay, off to bed for me... Night!

Hmmm. Wonder if Mommy is planning another fun slumber party tonight??!!

1 comment:

MoSchu said...

Ahhh, I can't wait for Riley to be in a big enough bed to snuggle! I love that, even squished in her little bed now:) Cute post!