Thursday, November 20, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside

Baby it's cold outside... Seems that every year round this time, I ask myself why in the world would I put myself through another torturous, bitter, dark, gloomy winter here in good old Minny. Today the wind chill was zero. Yep, zero. Poor Mia, as much as I bundle her - and I mean bundle her, as soon as the wind gets her she catches her breath.


So, its been a bit since my last update. Much to catch up on. Let's see. I think I'll let Nick take it from here...

Yay - my turn. My turn! Hey everyone, it's my turn!

Each week Mommy tries to plan one really exciting thing for me and Mia. Last week we went to Kiddywampus in St. Louis Park. Kiddywampus is a really cool specialty store that sells all kinds of special artsy things. The cool part is in the store whatever is open you can play with. So, there was this really cool wooden airport toy - and since it was open, I got to play with it. Along with puzzles and magnets... They also have an open art studio. I played in the art studio for almost 2 hours. I played with play dough, stencils, funny scissors and stamps. My favorite part though was the painting on the big easel. I loved it. I made 3 pictures - Mommy has them and is going to hang them in my room. I never knew I loved to paint so much! Grammie came along and we went to Panera for lunch. I sure do love my pb&j sandwiches these days!

On Saturday I went to breakfast with Mommy, Daddy, and Mia AND Keaten, Uncle Kyle and Auntie Nicki. After breakfast Keaten and I got our hair cut. I sat really really nice for my hair stylist. I look handsome. So does Keaten.

Before...

Mia doesnt have enough hair for a haircut. But, Mommy put on a pretty headband for her so she wouldn't feel left out. Hey Mommy -- I dont think Mia really liked the headband... She sure did look cute though. Keaten and I were so well behaved (even though I was a tiny bit 'crabby gordon') that our hair stylists gave us a present on the way out. Can you tell what they are? Binoculars! Cool. I like to look at mine backwards, and Keaten - well he doesnt quite know how to open them. But, we like them all the same.

After...

This week has been really quiet. I have been hanging around the house a lot with Mommy and Mia. I wasnt feeling very good again this week. I am really tired and just want to be with Mommy and Daddy. Mommy brought me back to Dr. Gobel. Guess what. I needed to have some more pokeys. Dr Gobel put her gloves on. But, I did such a good job, I got 2 stickers and a sucker. I had to go to Children's Hospital to have some pictures of my legs done. I really dont like going to Children's. I know all about that place. I did get 3 more stickers though to add to my sticker book. Daddy told me that all my tests are coming back good. But, I still dont really feel all that well. Dr. Gobel is stumped. She can see that I dont really look healthy (but Grammie still thinks I am really really cute) - but not quite sure what next steps are. Mommy is keeping a journal now of all the foods I eat and how much sweating I am doing. She will keep you all posted as we keep working on trying to make me all better. We were supposed to go to a playdate with Morgan on Wednesday, but I just wasnt feeling up to par. Mommy did let me play with Rylan and Gabriel today - but only for about an hour. Just enough to get out of the house for a little bit.

Mia is doing really great. She is just the cutest little punkin pie ever. She has a strong neck.

Mia is really starting to say funny things. She says "GA" and "Goo." And she also says "Ahhh" and she makes girgly sounds. It is so cute. When she smiles, we all just say, "Smiley, Smiley." and then she smiles some more. We got a happy baby. Arent we so lucky?

I sometimes get to hold her on my lap with a little bit, just a little bit of help. I love her so much. She is my favorite. I love her dimple in her cheek when she smiles.Not sure if I told you, but I miss Luna the cat a lot. Luna is "on vacation" at Grandpa Gene's house. She went there a while back because she was making Mia and I really sneeze. She is playing with Bubba now.

Well, this weekend, we are going to the cabin. I am really excited - I love going there. Ill tell you all about it when I write next.



Have a great weekend everyone - wear your hats and mittens and stay warm.

Love,
Nick

PS - I almost forgot to mention, that it was my Daddy's birthday on Sunday. On Saturday night Grammie and Grandpa came over to play while Mama and Daddy went out to dinner for some yummy sea food. Here they are with the gang below...


No comments: