Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gobble Gobble!!

There is so much to be thankful for this year and without all of you, our 'Gobble Gobble' would not be nearly as special.



Today Nick and I made home made pumpkin bars, while Miss Mia took a snooze. Nick loves to bake! We had a great surprise as Daddy made the executive decision to "miss" his late class tonight and come home early! We now have 4 whole days together to just enjoy. I am thankful for tonight as Dave picked up a bottle of my favorite wine and we have a tivo'd episode of 24 to watch after the babes are asleep.



Lots to do in the morning - as we are once again hosting Thanksgiving dinner at our house. Dave will be preparing the brine for our turkey this eve and tomorrow we will enjoy making the fixings together. We have a special visitor tomorrow morning - Keaten! Nicki and Kyle are running a 5k so we have Keaten over in the morning - that will be a great way to start out our Thankful Thanksgiving day and Nick will just love waking up and having Keaten over.


Being thankful takes on new meaning this year - and as we roll into the busy, rat-race of the holiday months - I will be reminding myself (and our darling 3 year old) that this time is about FAMILY and FRIENDS (and no, not the transformers, trucks, trains et al) And while that part IS exciting - the best part is that we are given the opportunity to enjoy it together.


Happy Happy Happy -- (can you tell by the pictures??!)

Love, Carissa


1 comment:

Katie Sherck said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you little gobblers.........um, I want to eat the rolls on Mia's legs. Can I, puhleeease?