Friday, January 16, 2009

Sunny days...

Hi guys! It's me, Nick.

Man. It is cold outside. It is so cold that lots of schools are closing (not mine!) due to the sub zero temps. It has been in the -25 degree range. In all my life I have never felt anything this cold. Apparently this is the coldest it has been since 2004... Anyway- me talking about it wont make us any warmer, so moving on!!

This has been a bitter sweet week for us. Mommy was disappointed since the job she had really been hoping for didnt work out. She looked really bummed out. So, I asked her what was up? She explained to me why she was disappointed and I gave her a big hug and told her I loved her. She told me she was happy that she has more time to spend with me and Mia. I agree - what a great idea! So -- big news. Mommy and Daddy talked and they are going to keep me home for 4 days a week! I am just going to go to school on Mondays. Mommy told me the news -- and I am so so excited. She also told me that it isnt going to be all fun and games... Apparently I am still going to have to do school work, art projects, and sing songs while I clean my room. Bah! But, she did promise 1 field trip and 1 play date at least every week! I say, "It's a deal!" (with a thumbs up sign of course.)

I have been cooped up in the house for the most part of the week (other than going to school...) until yesterday. Mommy brought me somewhere special. I mean REALLY special. We went to Sesame Street Live downtown Minneapolis. (I like Minneapolis. It is where I was born! The whole sky was filled with smoke from the smoke stacks keeping all the buildings warm. Mommy teased me because last year I called them "moke knacks" Apparently I couldnt say my "s") Anyways-we went with Angel and Morgan. Ahemmm. Morgan and I went on a playDATE. Angel found some really good tickets - and they only cost $10 dollars!! That is like the same price for going to a movie. Here we are with our tickets! I wore my Sesame Street shirt - I was really into this. Remember last year when Mommy and Daddy took me to see the Wiggles live? I was afraid of the big Murray balloon. Haha. Now that I am a big boy, I am not afraid of anything anymore (except for Monsters and Rolobots).


We had really great seats! No one was behind us so we could stand up and dance. Look at all the characters!! My favorite is Oscar the Grouch, Morgan loves Elmo the best.


We had special treats at the show. I had mini donuts and Morgan had a pretzel. Yum, I also ate half of Morgan's pretzel. (Thanks Angel! :0)


Morgan and I like to cuddle. I dont even mind sharing seats with her. Awww...


We got these balloons. Mommy and Angel held onto them for dear life since they were so expensive. I LOVE my balloon. I am sharing it with Mia since she couldn't come with us. Mia stayed home with Grammie since it was sooooo cold out. We wanted her to come with us, but it was just tooo dang cold out. Bummer.


Speaking of Mia... look at how cute she looks with this red bow??? Oh my gosh. She got this bow from Aunt Stacy for Christmas. What a cutie.



So, Grammie came over and watched Mia while Morgan and I went on our playDATE. Mia had tummy time and lots of cuddle time. Mommy dressed her in her special pajama's...


Mommy has been really working with Mia on tummy time. She is doing pretty well. She gets tired and crabby after about 10 minutes... Poor Mia. I think it is the only thing in the whole wide world that makes her crabby. Here is a picture of her where she is still happy while building up those neck and arm muscles. She really kicks her legs -- she wants to scoot and crawl!



Happy Time in her bumbo and just hanging out...




I guess Mommy took this picture of us when I wasnt looking... She was in the kitchen making dinner and Mia was fussing. I just thought it would be nice to give her her paci and to comfort her a bit. Mommy thought this was really really nice of me. She was proud of me for taking care of my little sister!



And last bit of good news... Mommy, Mia and I are going to go to Florida! Yahoo! We are really excited. I keep telling Mia all about the swimming pool and the park and all the warm air. Too bad Daddy cant come with us. He has to go to school and work. We are going for 10 whole days in February -- we are counting down like we did at Christmas. Grammie leaves for Florida on Tuesday - and then 3 weeks later we go! Yeah! What a good surprise. Mommy is already telling me what a good helper I will be on the airplane with her and Mia. I know I will be a really good boy all the way there. We sure will miss Daddy though...

So, all in all, it has been an okay week. We are just be happy to all be here together, healthy, in our nice warm home, with food on our table.

Here is our science project of the week... Hot water thrown up into the sky mimics clouds -- it looks like snow. This is way to cool...

Stay warm everyone... talk to ya later.

No comments: