Wednesday, September 17, 2008

6 weeks - and time is a flyin'

**Mommy's note today! Well, it's been another busy week! I cannot believe how the days are flying by. Without work - one would think I would have hours and hours to keep on top of the daily household duties, etc. Today is a day of lounging and laundry here at the house. Mia and I are still in our jammies and I am drinking yet another cup of coffee!

So our week started out with Mia meeting her Great Aunt Pam and Great Grandma Donna. Great Aunt Stacy also came out for a visit! We met over at Grammie Patty's for lunch. Everyone is having so fun much spoiling this little girl. Nick joined "the girls" for lunch - and as usual was our comedic relief! Grandpa came home around 1:30 and Nick joined him downstairs for his "boy time!"

Mia and Aunt Pam




Mia and Great Grandma Donna

Mia and Aunt Stacy




side note: Nick is having a blast with the "girls and boys" segregation now. Last week he went to Chipotle with "the boys" (Daddy and Grandpa) While "the girls" (Mommy, Grammie and Mia) stayed home. He is still talking about it - thinks it is the coolest thing "of his life" which is also his new favorite expression. As I said, he is our little comedian.



Sunday I went to a friend's baby shower - it was so much fun. My friend, Melissa has had a great pregnancy and is due next month! She looks absolutely adorable. Yeah! It was great to see so many friends that I hadnt seen for a long time. It was also nice to be out in the land of "girl talk." I sure have missed that! (I will post pictures when I get them emailed to me-- I forgot my camera.)

I have to admit though that there is a bit of a hollow feeling in my soul knowing I will never be able to carry another child in my womb again. I know in time I will be at peace with this. As for now I continue to count my blessings every day for my 2 wonderful children, my husband and for my health.



Mia continues to thrive and is growing well. She is such a fun baby - she is starting to focus on things and is in the beginning stages of really smiling. She is still a rock star sleeper! We are going a minimum of 3 hours at night, and most nights it is around 5-6 hours. Pretty soon (knockon wood) we may hit the whole night .

Nick is still lovin on his baby sis. He is over at Grammie's today for his usual Wednesday visit. He has started playing soccer on Friday nights. He is really coordinated - it has been fun to watch him.

Not the best picture -- but you get the idea...




Great news - that I almost forgot to share! I had my 6 week post partum appointment - AND it went well! My c-section incision is healing! and... the best news of all - my blood pressure is coming down! I wont have to go back to see Dr Chow until mid October for another visit. I am feeling really well. It was hard to say good bye to the nurses and to Dr Chow - since I know I wont see them for a while - but of course this is the news I was waiting for. Let the excerising and Weight Watchers begin!!!

That's all for now - nothing too exciting to report (just the way we like it, boring and dull is good!)

Love ya'll -
Caris

Happy, Happy, Happy (and just a teeny tiny bit tired...haha!)

No comments: