Sunday, October 12, 2008

Aunties and Uncles and Cousins -- OH MY!

Cute new picture with Daddy!



It's already Sunday night??

This weekend was really really great! Nick was invited to the lake with Grammie and Grandpa - he left Friday morning and had a blast. He made home made applesauce, played with toy boats in the lake, jumped in leaves and slept in a tent! While we missed him dearly - it turned out to be a perfect weekend for his excursion!

David and I had an impromptu date on Friday! Woohoo! Yea, long time coming right? We figured it had been December since we had gone out alone. Well, there was the bedrest thingy starting in May and then... BABY! So - at the last minute my wonderful husband bought tickets to see Rascal Flatts and Taylor Swift. AND you know those are my two most favorite bands in the entire world (and if you know David, not so much his favorites!! But, as he said, this was MY NIGHT!!) He called his sister Heather to babysit Mia and we went out! I had the best night. I had some beers, saw my friend Kara, danced my bum off and sang until I was horse. I loved every single minute of it. Then, to top it all off Mia slept through the night! That a girl!

Saturday morning, Mia and I headed out to brunch at Angel's house - this time Angee and Sarah - two other high school friends joined us. It was fun to catch up. Crazy though that we graduated in 1995. Time flies. Angel's daughter Morgan is adorable - she loves Mia and I love Morgan! :) Angel took some great pics of the girls, once she emails them I will add them in! Dave got the morning all to himself. Now that is a treat!

Talk about spontaneity - a bunch of our friends were having a little shin dig in Wisconsin at one of the couples family farm... so David, Mia and I drove on over... It was wonderful - Mia got to meet all of her "honorary aunties and uncles"

Mia and Uncle Geoff



Mia and Aunt Sarah



ps-- happy one year anniversary geoff and sarah!


Mia and Uncle Josh



Aunt Zoe, Aunt Becca and Aunt Sarah!



Mia was on her very best behavior - as usual! She snuggled with every one, had some drinks (her bottle, duh!) and shared some really good smiles with everyone! David and I are so glad she finally got to meet everyone. Only one picture missing... UNCLE RAULIE. We will have to make sure we get one with him next time. Mia slept from 11pm until... drum roll please... 8am today. We are feeling rested!

Today - we rounded out the weekend with the Wray family birthdays - all three of the kids: Heather, John and David are 'fall babies'. We also celebrated our niece Katie's birthday. Dang, it is hard to be on weight watchers with all the good food around... but I am happy to report - I didnt even eat a piece of cake!

Auntie Jill with Mia

All of Mia's 'Wray' cousins: Justin, Kevin, Katie and Daniel

Finally... a picture with Gramona!

So, as you can see - it was a whirlwind of a weekend, but a damn good one! It is amazing how easy it is with just the little one around... Have baby -- will travel!

No comments: