Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hangin Tough -- ahh nostalgia


I am looking a bit sleepy in this picture... but I did make it out until 1 am!


With every craziness going on in our household lately I had the opportunity last night to get out of the house and let loose. That's right - I treated Nicki for her 30th birthday to the New Kids on the Block concert. Amongst about 13,000 screaming '30 something' fans (and I would say oh about 999 of them were the poor husbands that got dragged along) I was able to scream like a teenage girl and dance my heart out! It was great spending some time with my little sis. We also shared some good laughs as we
reminisced about my obsession with Joe McIntyre




re-lived my claim to fame with my old friend Jordan Knight (most of you have heard my story...)

and laugh at the memorabilia. A lot of the girls wore their huge NKOTB pins, (come on, I know you remember them) old t-shirts on (yeah, if mine could have fit...) and we even saw NKOTB fanny packs. Nicki and I laughed so hard when we saw a group of girls with their hair crimped! Add in a training bra and we could have all been 13 all over again! SO FUN. I am really proud of us too - we got home at 1am! That is the latest I have stayed out in forever! Whoever said that peace and quiet was best for the soul?? I found my peace and not so quiet while laughing my head off to songs I knew by heart over 15 years ago! Ahh, the sound of the ears ringing...


Video from the concert... we were 27 rows from the stage...


http://www.xcelenergycenter.com/videoplayer.jsp?IS_PLAY=Y&MM_FILE_ID=48

Isnt it funny how a song just reminds you of something or some place in your life? Pretty amazing to be put right back in time...

No comments: