It's Mia - hello all!
I am writing today on behalf of my biggest, bravest, toughest, bestest, most lovable brother.Nick is sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's bed right now, so I thought I would take a moment and update everyone on Nick's surgery. Nick did great! The surgery lasted about 30 minutes and everything went as planned. Dr. Becken, our ENT, sent his tonsils to the Pathologist and we should have the results next week. The waiting is hard. But, Dr Becken said that just by looking at them he didn't see any Lymphoma. Thank GOD. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. So far they are working! Mommy or Daddy will update once we get the tests back. For now, keep the positive energy flowing, please!
Anyways - let's back up a minute here and I'll tell you about our weekend so far. On Thursday we went to Chuck E Cheese. Apparently this is one cool place - because Nick could hardly wait to get there!! Look at the boys - drinking juice and eating pizza. Nick ate 3 pieces of pizza! WOW! He is a good eater, don't you think?
Mommy carried me around while I took a nap. You should see Mommy play some of these games! Man, she won Nick a bunch of tickets. Nick picked out a pirate patch and 2 silly straws with his tickets! (Good idea with the Silly straw, ey? Nick has been using that to drink today!)
So - anyways - we had fun at Chuck E Cheese. On the way home, we had to make a stop. Mommy whispered in my ear where we were going -- but it was a surprise. We didn't tell Nick we were going to the toy store!! Daddy picked out a very special toy for Nick for right after his surgery. More about that in a little bit. Then when we got home, we had another special surprise. We had a slumber party on Thursday night at our house! Grammie came and slept over! I think it was because Nick had to be at Children's Hospital so early in the morning. When I woke up, I got a surprise - Grammie gave me my bottle! How fun! Also, all this sleep is still really helping. I am growing like a weed! Everyone keeps telling me how strong I am! Look at this...
So, onto Friday morning - the surgery day. Nick left at 5:30 in the morning and he gave me a kiss and hug - I miss him now, because I have been over at Grammie and Grandpa's house. Don't get me wrong, I love being over there - I get oodles of attention. But, I am missing my big brother! Ya know what I heard? I heard he gets to eat popsicles and ice cream ALL day long! WHAT?!! I cant believe it. When I get bigger I am going to eat those things too.
Here are some pics of the big day...
Nick is now recovering at home... it's hard work, but he is doing a wonderful job. You know what I think is cool? When I was in the hospital, everyone brought me presents - and now everyone is bringing Nick presents. It really helps - it helps you forget about the owies and boo boo's. Nick got a really cool Tool Set from Grandpa Mark. He has been playing with it on the couch. And, the gift Daddy got him was Wall-E. Wall-E is from the movies. He is a robot and he does all kinds of things. Nick thinks it is super cool...
'All done... No more Popsicle.' Isn't he so brave? I just love my big brother.
So - I guess all in all it has been an okay weekend. They say that day 3 is the hardest, that is tomorrow. We will see how it goes. I cant wait to give him a big kiss... and for him to start feeling better soon.Thanks for all the good thoughts for my favorite brother. Talk to you all soon--
Bye for now,
Mia

No comments:
Post a Comment